Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!


The Holidays are here and they are a busy time for many people, including me. Since the Welcome to Winter Festival of which I blogged about on the weekend of December 10th, it seems I've had little time to write much of anything. Between baking Christmas goodies, shopping, helping out friends and neighbors, Christmas caroling, attending Christmas concerts, and everything else that comes with this time of year, I -- probably like many writers -- have just not had the "time" to write. Yes, time: it flies when you're having fun. And this busy time of year has been fun thus far, with I hope will continue for the 12 days of Christmas which begins tonight.

Christmas is a busy season, but what better way to remain busy than doing things for others? Helping out people in need; spending quality time with those who normally don't have any "time" at all, and just being -- yes, just being in the moment is what Christmas should be about. Yet, every other season of the year should be about these things too. Why aren't they? It's a question I'm going to ask myself and yes, try and improve upon from this moment forward. Will I fail? Probably, but then that is also an important aspect of Christmas -- that God comes to us in our weakness and helps us to live better and more full lives.

I hope I can continue to learn and grow during this Christmas season, and keep that feeling throughout the year.

Merry Christmas to everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment