Saturday, February 9, 2013

Rant of the Day -- Quantum Leap on DVD, screwed due to Studio being cheap

I've been going through the late 80's/early 90's TV series Quantum Leap on DVD. Awesome show and one of my all time favorites. b=But the season two finale -- which is one of the most important episodes of the entire series -- is missing the most important song of the entire series (Georgia On My Mind).  In it's place, Universal Studios inserted some terrible elevator music in what was one of the most powerful scenes of the entire series! 

WTF? 

If you don't think music can make or break a scene, then go back and watch this without Georgia On My Mind. It totally ruins it for those of us who remember the way it's supposed to be! 

I know it all has to do with user rights, and the fact they didn't want to pay out the money to use the song on the DVD, but come on! If this was just any old episode, that would be one thing -- but this episode is essential to the overall arc of the series. Oh well, still a great series, and great DVD collection. But holy crap, it really sucks without George On My Mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment