Sunday, February 10, 2013

Rant of the day -- where's the snow?

Okay, so I'm here in Northern Wisconsin and for the last four days I've been told that the  biggest snow storm of the season is going to pound us into oblivion. 6-12 inches of snow, 8-14 inches, maybe ice, freezing rain, and winds howling like pack of wolves during the Harvest moon. When is this storm going to hit? Well, today. In fact, right now. But guess what -- so far we've received a grand total of -- NOTHING!

Now I get it. Up here in the northwoods we are snow starved. We're in the middle of a drought and all of the snow businesses would LOVE to have a decent snow before this dry winter is over. But come on all you TV weather experts -- you guaranteed that we're going to have snow. 100% chance! And so far, nothing. I'm still told that the storm is coming! That before long, old man winter is going to be knocking on our doors and this pathetic 8 inches we have on the ground is going to at least double, and make for a respectable looking northwoods winter wonderland. Trust them, they say. Snow is coming. Winter is coming!

Well, George R.R. Martin fans have been hearing that since 1996 -- and still, winter has not come! And he's actually CREATING the weather at will -- so forgive me if I'm cynical the local TV weather experts ability to predict weather they are not personally creating, but until I see this big snow storm, I remain skeptical.

Wait, what the hell is that? Something outside my window has blue eyes -- holy  . . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment