Monday, May 7, 2012

Lesson number 1: SAVE YOUR WORK!!!!!



After spending about fifteen minutes writing my next blog post, guess what happened to me? The power went out. Guess where I was writing my piece? That's right, like a complete idiot I was writing in the Blogger "new post" box instead of in my word processor where I could actually save my work every couple of minutes.

I figured, "what's the big deal? It will only take me about 15 or 20 minutes to write this -- what could possibly happen in 15 minutes?" Murphy's law came back to bite me in the ass!

The funny thing is that when I write  I almost ALWAYS do so right in my word processor. I am obsessive about saving my work. In fact, I will literally click the save button every minute or two. (save) But today I had decided to just write a quick blog post right online. After all,  there are no storms. There is no wind. In fact, the sun is now coming out and it looks as if it's going to be a pretty nice day. But then, just as I was about to start my final paragraph -- without warning -- I hear that horrible power sucking sound that some of us are so familiar with, and the screen went dark! (save)

Why did the power go out? Well, I can't say for sure. After I confirmed that power was out everywhere I stepped outside and through the woods I could hear a big truck of some sort out on the road. (save) I guess they are doing line work today: for no apparently reason!

Funny thing is they waited until I was 90% writing and while it was only a short piece I actually had something to say!!!!! (save) But now all I can think about is how the power company obviously had conspired against me. Someone -- or something -- didn't want me to get my piece out there in the public eye. But this will not stop me! I will write that piece again. No question about that. I should be writing that piece right now, but I decided to wait until (save), I'm more prepared to fend off this subtle attack on my freedom of speech.

Well, okay maybe I really just wanted to remind MYSELF of one thing: SAVE YOUR FRELLING WORK MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment